Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mp3 Player Headphones

If you want:

1. Noise isolation (i.e., earplugs)
2. Comfortable to wear for long periods
3. Extremely small and light
4. Good quality sound
5. Low power consumption
6. Inexpensive

Then buy:

Skullcandy Buds Ink'd Earbuds ($15 at Target)

I wanted double-duty headphones for travel and work. My workplace is noisy, yet I need to do creative work. I use earplugs when I fly but it it's nice to listen to music sometimes. Being the weird person that I am, I have an obsessive compulsion to travel VERY light. So those fancy Bose active noise cancellation phones are out for me (though they work very well).

I had never heard of Skullcandy a year ago, but they looked very earplug-like and all the competition had was over $100. How can you go wrong trying something for $15?

These headphones rock. Your ears don't get hot since they sit in your ear canal. They double as earplugs because of the good fit. They sound good and are small enough to fit in your jeans pocket. Finally, they are so efficient at transmitting sound that I can turn down the volume on my mp3 player--this means decreased battery usage (perhaps).

No comments:

Post a Comment