Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fixing broken space completion on Emacs 22.x

Solution thanks to Karsten Lang:

Joseph Brenner writes:
> I see that space-bar completion on filename entry is essentially
> broken in gnu emacs 22, because they wanted to give you the
> capability to type spaces into a file name. I don't want that
> capability -- I'm glad that emacs can understand filenames with
> spaces, and sometimes I need to select them via dired, but I
> personally never create files named like this.

> So: what do I need to munge in order to get the old space-bar
> completion functionality back?

klang was good enough to email me his solution (which I'm passing on with his permission):
(if (boundp 'minibuffer-local-filename-completion-map)
(progn
(define-key minibuffer-local-filename-completion-map " "
'minibuffer-complete-word)
(define-key minibuffer-local-must-match-filename-map " "
'minibuffer-complete-word)
)
)

No comments:

Post a Comment